Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baltimore

The third big city of the day.

Baltimore has always been a special place for me because it is the setting for my first memory. I was three and my parents and I came by train here to visit my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Marty and see my new little cousin Pat for the first time. I felt so proud as I pushed his baby carriage. I see that since that time, Baltimore has turned into a big city! In my couple of hours here, my impression is that there is a big emphasis on sports, baseball more specifically. duh... We passed the baseball and football stadiums, a chair in the lobby of the hotel is like a big baseball glove, and I am looking at a photograph of Babe Ruth here in my room.

We are in a Hampton Inn near the inner harbor of the Chesapeake Bay and across from the Orioles stadium. Besides the breakfasts and reliability of Hampton Inns, I also like the way they are decorated with photographs of the area. I pointed this out to Jacob who apparently thinks I am taking too many!

Here is an almost night time shot of the harbor.

1 comment:

Chipper said...

wow, fun trip! i am enjoying the pictures! (kelly)