Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Still here

Vivian has six adorable grandsons, the youngest being one year old identical twins with happy round faces and the cutest smiles I have ever seen. Her oldest daughter Christine - special to me - now has four great sons ages twelve to two. All the little fellows and their moms were here tonight for dinner and to see their relatives from South Carolina. What fun!

Earlier we drove out to Shrewsbury to do some shopping. The towns just sort of run into each other, Rockdale, Uxbridge. They live in Whitinsville, which I thought was a town unto itself, but here is a sign saying it is a village. I find that interesting because it is different from the way things are set up in the south, but this is New England and I suppose it may be more of an English way to organize the land and local government.

Vivian is a passionate quilter. I told her she is a folk artist and a fabric artist. She said she hadn't looked at herself that way until now. Here is one of her smaller quilts that is hanging on a wall.

No comments: