Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Last Night of the Road Trip

It was hard to find a place for dinner other than the ones affiliated with the hotel because this is a business district and most of the restaurants around here are open only for lunch. We finally saw some people sitting under umbrellas outside of Elephant and Castle so we ate there. My choice, shepherd's pie with sides of salad and crisp green beans, was delicious.

Tomorrow morning we will check out of this interesting old hotel and head back to South Carolina. I pray we will have a safe and uneventful journey from Washington, DC to Greenville. At least going south we won't have to stop at any toll booths and pay to drive on congested highways. I did not keep track of the amount spent for tolls but would guess it to be about $70 to $80. We have driven on bridges, through tunnels, in blinding rain, and under sunny skies. We have come in contact with people from all over the world. We have stayed with friends, relatives, and in different types of hotels and have had enough adventure. Now it is time to get back to life's usual things, work, laundry, grocery shopping, taking care of my cats and my dog. I like traveling but I like home, too.

No comments: